How to Make 'Beni-imo Purple Sweet Potato Paste'
1. Peel the beni-imo potatoes.
(What around 300 grams of Beni-imo looks like)
2. Cut the purple potatoes into 1 cm or about 1 inch wide pieces, put them in a heat-resistant bowl, cover the bowl with saran wrap, and heat them in the microwave for about 5 minutes at 600W until they become soft.
3. When it is cooled down, put it in a food processor or mix with a mixer.
4. When it becomes a paste, add the remaining ingredients and mix again. Add more sugar to adjust sweetness and cream if potatoes are still dry.
5. Place the paste in a plastic ziploc bag, cut off a corner, and squeeze on to a dessert of your choosing.
Let Okinawa Be Known
All efforts put forth through this site are to increase knowledge of Okinawa island, its culture, and people. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We are the experts with a mission!